It’s time to play along with Happy Little Stampers (HLS) Mixed Media Challenge again. The May Challenge Theme is SPLATS.
For more details and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. Anything mixed media could be linked up to our challenge as long as it follows our theme. Be sure to join for a chance to win $15.
When I saw the word - SPLATS, I instantly thought of Alcohol Inks and Tim Holtz’s signature technique – Alcohol Ink Splatter. The following are how I made my tag.
1. Apply Alcohol Ink Monoprint Technique on glossy paper for the background.
2. Apply Alcohol Ink Splatters Technique to create two flowers on tag as shown.
3. Stamp text background.
4. Apply Pearlescent Embossing Pastes over two overlapping stencils at the center of two flowers, respectively.
5. Stamp butterflies and sentiment in black on tag. Stamp two butterflies on vellum paper, die cut the vellum butterflies and attach.
I’m excited that I dug out Alcohol Inks and revisited Tim's two Alcohol Inks Techniques, together with the stenciling technique. Hope my tag is inspirational to you. Please drop me a note if you like my tag. Thanks for stopping by and wish you a great day.
Challenges to enter:
- A Vintage Journey May Challenge – Use a Quote
- The Artistic Stamper May’s Creative Challenge – Floral Fantasy
- Country View May Challenge – Flower Power
- Simon Says Monday Challenge – The Great Outdoors
- That’s Crafty Challenge - Bright
- Creative Artiste Challenge #26 – Anything Mixed Media Goes
- Love to Create Challenge #9 - Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- Craft Stamper, Take It Make It January Challenge – Anything Goes Stamping Challenge
- Creative with Stamps Challenge #14 Flowers
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge # 14 – Anything Goes
- STAMPlorations May Mixed Media Challenge
Edited on 7/7/2017
The tag was chosen as one of the Top Picks by STAMPlorations Mixed Media May Challenge. Thanks, DTs.