Hi Stamping Friends,
It is time to play along with Happy Little Stamper Mixed Media Challenge again! March Challenge Theme is Books.
For more details and other DTs’ inspirations, please check out the Challenge Blog. Anything mixed media could be linked up to our challenge as long as it follows our theme. Be sure to join for a chance to win $15.
My tag has three elements echoing BOOKs: dictionary background, emboss resist on a circle dictionary panel and a sentiment about Fairy Tale. The following are how I made this tag.
1. Stamped dictionary background on tag.
3. After dry, stamped several grunge elements using Distress Paints.
4. After dry, applied Pearlescent Embossing Paste through a stencil over the tag. Die cut a circle panel. Stamped dictionary background. Heat embossed silhouette couple with VersaMark. Applied Distress Ink to create Emboss Resist effect. Trimmed circle panel and attached to tag as shown.
5. Heat embossed sentiments in white on black cardstock and cut in pieces. Made three DIY rolled flowers.
6. Assembled the tag as shown on top with a zoom-in below.
Hope my tag is inspirational to you. I’m happy that I played something new - Infusions and something old – Distress Paints and Pearlescent Embossing Paste, and something very old - rolled flowers dies and sentiment stamp. I’m also happy with how the tag turned out.
Do you agree that “Every girl deserves a fairy tale”? I do agree. Hope you like my tag. Thanks for stopping by.
Challenges to enter:
- Craft Stamper, Take It Make It January Challenge – Anything Goes Stamping Challenge
- STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge
- Creative Artiste Challenge #24 – Anything Mixed Media Goes
- Love to Create Challenge #5 - Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge # 12 – Anything Goes
- A Vintage Journey Challenge – All Aboard
- Dies R Us Challenge #68 - Something New
- Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes Challenge
I was inspired by flowers and the color of red.